Asparagus and Potato Casserole Cooking Recipe
Asparagus and Potato
For the béchamel sauce :
cooked asparagus spears
large potatoes, boiled and sliced
spring onions, finely chopped
juice of 1 lemon
grated rind of 2 oranges
slices of onion
sprigs of thyme
salt and pepper
- Marinate the asparagus in the
lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- In a suitable casserole dish,
alternate layers of sliced potato and asparagus.
- Sprinkle each layer with grated
orange rind and chopped spring onions.
- Cover layered vegetables with the
béchamel sauce and sprinkle breadcrumbs over.
- Bake in a preheated oven at
180C/350F/Gas 4 for 30 minutes and serve hot.
- To make béchamel sauce : put bay
leaf, onion, peppercorns, parsley and thyme into a pan with the milk
and gradually bring to the boil over a low heat.
- Remove and leave to stand.
- In another saucepan, melt butter
and add flour, stirring until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Remove from the heat and gradually
add the strained milk, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended.
- Return the saucepan to the heat
and stir until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Dinner, Party Dishes Vegetable Cooking Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |