Asparagus and Cheese Risotto Recipe
Asparagus and Cheese Risotto Recipes
hot vegetable stock
large onion, finely chopped
garlic cloves, finely chopped
dry white wine
asparagus tips (or asparagus cut into 5 cm or 2 in
grated Parmesan cheese
salt and black pepper
Parmesan shavings and fresh basil sprigs, to garnish
ciabatta bread rolls and salad, to serve
- Sprinkle the saffron over the stock and leave to stand for 5
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan, add the onions and
- Fry for about 6 minutes, until softened.
- Add the rice and stir fry for 1 - 2 minutes to coat the grains
with the butter and oil.
- Pour on 300 ml or the hot vegetable stock and saffron.
- Cook gently over a moderate heat, stirring frequently, until all
the liquid has been absorbed.
- Repeat with another 300 ml cups stock.
- When that has been absorbed, add the wine and carry on cooking
and stirring until the rice has a creamy consistency.
- Add the asparagus and remaining stock and stir until the liquid
is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season well.
- Spoon the risotto on to warmed plates and garnish with the
Parmesan cheese shavings and fresh basil.
- Serve with hot ciabatta rolls and a crisp green salad.
An authentic Italian risotto has a unique creamy texture achieved by
constant stirring of the arborio rice, available from good supermarket
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
More Dinner, Party Dishes Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |