Pumpkin Gnocchi Cooking Recipe
Pumpkin Gnocchi Cooking
Sage Butter :
freshly grated Parmesan
chopped fresh sage
- Preheat the oven to warm
- Brush a baking tray wit oil or
- Cut the pumpkin into large pieces,
leaving the skin on, and place on the prepared tray.
- Bake for 11/4 hours, or
until the pumpkin is very tender.
- Allow to cool slightly and scrape
the flesh from the skin, avoiding any tough or crispy parts.
- Place the pumpkin in a large
mixing bowl and lightly mash it with a fork.
- Sift the flour into the bowl, add
1/4 cup (25g) of the grated Parmesan and the beaten egg, and season
with freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix until all the ingredients are
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly
floured surface and gather together into a rough ball.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Using floured hands, roll each
half into a sausage about 40 cm (16 inches) long.
- Cut each length of dough into 16
- Form each piece into an oval shape
and press firmly with the prongs of a floured fork to make an
- Bring a large pan of water to the
- Cook the gnocchi in batches,
gently lowering them into the water.
- Cook until the gnocchi rise to the
surface, and then for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan, drain and
- To make Sage Butter : Melt the
butter in a small pan.
- Remove from the heat and stir in
the chopped sage.
- To serve, divide the gnocchi
evenly among four bowls.
- Drizzle with the Sage butter and
sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
Preparation : 40 minutes
Cooking : 1 hour 30 minutes
Get the above cooking ingredients here
to cook Vegetarian Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter
Crops, Vines Vegetable Recipes
101 Vegetarian Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |